Most users ever online was 107 on Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:02 am
How wide does this go? Now Google devices 'found to transmit user locations back to the company'
Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm by Man in Black
- Google's Android HTC phone transmitted data back to Google several times an hour
- Apple slammed for user locations being stored in iPhone and iPad
- Google and Apple are using location data to build databases of Wi-Fi hotspots
- Data from Apple devices syncs with computer, meaning anyone with access can see
- Representative Edward Markey questions whether the practice may be illegal
‘Don’t Be Evil,’ Meet ‘Spy on Everyone’: How the NSA Deal Could Kill Google
Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:26 pm by Man in Black
The company once known for its “don’t be evil” motto is now in bed with the spy agency known for the mass surveillance of American citizens.
The National Security Agency is widely understood to have the government’s biggest and smartest collection of geeks — the guys that are more skilled at network warfare than just about anyone on the planet. So, in a sense, it’s only natural that …
U.S. Spies Buy Stake in Firm That Monitors Blogs, Tweets
Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:24 pm by Man in Black
By Noah Shachtman
America’s spy agencies want to read your blog posts, keep track of your Twitter updates — even check out your book reviews on Amazon.
In-Q-Tel, the investment arm of the CIA and the wider intelligence community, is putting cash into Visible Technologies, a software firm that specializes in monitoring social media. It’s part of a larger movement within the spy services to …